You are part of the user experience (UX) team, which designs the user interfaces of the software applications developed at GIRO.
You work in conjunction with the UX designers to create elegant and ergonomic software applications for the public transport industry, which is undergoing revolutionary change. Your focus will be on giving GIRO’s products a distinct identity and personality while respecting graphical and ergonomic standards that you will help to establish with the other members of the team.
Your role will consist in the following:
- Design elegant, functional interfaces for various devices, Web platforms and Windows
- Contribute to the creative process by taking part in design workshops and research into best practices and current trends in user interfaces
- Produce visual components ready for integration by the developers
- Design, gather input for, and maintain the style guide while respecting the technical specifications and limitations of the different platforms and environments
- Support the development and project teams throughout the course of developments
- College diploma or university degree in graphic design, Web design, multimedia or a related field
- 2–3 years of experience in UI design for Web and mobile applications
- Understanding of design principles, best practices, and technical limitations pertaining to the Web
- Mastery of Sketch and the Adobe suite; knowledge of Axure, an asset
- Demonstrated attention to detail and aesthetics
- Sense of organization and autonomy
- Experience in presenting deliverables and ability to defend your design choices
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.