The Documentation team at GIRO Inc. is seeking a translator to fill a contractual position for a period of 12 months (possibility of becoming permanent). The position involves translating, in close collaboration with the company’s technical writers and teams, various texts connected with the software produced by GIRO. Teamwork, the variety of tasks and the emphasis on continuous improvement are just a few of the elements that make the Documentation team’s work environment stimulating and out of the ordinary. It might be just what you need if you are dreaming of breaking out of the usual confines of a translation department! If intellectual curiosity, rigour and mastery of language are your bywords, read on…
For this position, you must master Microsoft Word and, ideally, Trados Studio. Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and publishing software such as Adobe FrameMaker are also assets. Occasionally, you will be called on to provide various members of the company with the benefit of your skills as a linguistic advisor. You will have the opportunity to discover how things work in, and the terminology proper to, the fields of public transportation and computer science and to broaden your horizons to accomplish your work to your highest standard. Finally, you will contribute closely to improving the team’s processes, in particular by constantly enriching its terminological database.
- Translate and revise the online help for GIRO’s software applications
- Put the changes made in online help into production
- Research and propose terminology to be used to present different concepts
- Translate and revise the annual update describing the new features of GIRO’s products
- Translate, revise and update the user guides for GIRO’s products
- Make screenshots and do the formatting and page layouts for user guides and participate in publishing them
- Provide translation and revision services as well as linguistic advice to the different teams in the company
- Keep the team’s terminological database up to date
Planning and teamwork
- Communicate with various members of the company to establish or understand the concepts and terminology for the texts to be translated
- Report on the progress of work
- Provide estimates of the effort required and the timelines for the tasks to be accomplished
- Support and coach fellow translators as a function of each person’s expertise
- University degree in translation
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of Windows®, Trados Studio and the IT industry
- Skills in managing terminology and understanding complex concepts
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders (technical writers, programmers, analysts)
- Bilingual (French and English)
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.