Technical Analyst, Lyon, France
As part of an organization serving 300 clients across 27 countries, you will be joining more than 500 employees who unite their efforts in developing software that optimizes the operations of public transport and postal services.
GIRO has been well established in Montreal for 40 years. We co-innovate with our clients around the globe to broaden our horizons and adapt our products to the industries’ evolving needs.
You will join our fine team operating out of our new, superbly appointed offices in the heart of Lyon’s lively 1st Arrondissement. As a full member of the Service Desk team, your role will be to assure the provision of technical assistance to our European clients.
The Analyst on the Service Desk team writes technical architecture documents to support the deployment of our software products at clients’ premises. You analyse and diagnose complex technical problems and propose solutions.
• Working closely with the project and development teams, you provide expert services to our European clients by responding to technical support requests for our range of highly specialized software products
• You use your sense of analysis and your coordination and communications skills to solve a variety of complex technical problems related to the installation and deployment of our software on clients’ premises
• You analyse the client’s environment and infrastructure to assess hardware requirements and you participate in preparing proposals by defining the technical requirements
• You are involved in installations and you may participate in project activities such as providing training to our clients
• You manage delivery, configuration, installation and updates of software for clients
• You support clients in resolving complex problems of performance or instability
• You carry out diagnostics and troubleshoot for clients to ensure a return to normal with minimum delay. If required, you carry out work at a client’s premises
• You may be required to carry out tests in different environments in order to reproduce the problem and to analyse the software’s performance and stability by using diagnostic tools
• To carry out your responsibilities effectively, you understand the necessary elements for deployment and installation of our software in the client’s environment and you keep your knowledge of the latest technologies up to date
• University education in computer science or any other appropriate discipline
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
• Thoroughness and excellent skills of analysis
• Autonomy and ability to manage priorities
• Skills in problem-solving and analysis of a variety of incidents
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows® environment, Microsoft Office®, networks and databases (Oracle® and Microsoft SQL®), and virtualization
• Knowledge of Citrix, an asset
• Experience with Microsoft® Dynamics CRM or any other incident-management tools, an asset
• Interest in teamwork and in client contact
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Knowledge of other languages, an asset
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.