Technical Analyst, GeoRoute Projects – Montréal
As part of an organization serving 300 clients across 27 countries, you will be joining more than 500 employees who unite their efforts in developing software that optimizes the operations of public transport and postal services.
We co-innovate with our clients around the globe to broaden our horizons and adapt our products to the industries’ evolving needs.
You will join the project team, which is responsible for customization, implementation and support of our GeoRoute software for our clientele, which comprises some of the best-performing postal organizations in the world: Royal Mail Group (United Kingdom), bpost (Belgium), Canada Post (Canada), La Poste (France), Deutsche Post DHL (Germany), Swiss Post (Switzerland), An Post (Ireland) and Posten (Norway).
You will interact with their technical-architecture and database experts.
• Analyse, diagnose and resolve various complex technical problems associated with installation and deployment of our software products at our clients’ premises and ensure the necessary follow-up
• Analyse the client’s environments and infrastructures to assess compliance with hardware requirements
• Manage delivery, configuration, installation and updates of software for clients
• Manage databases associated with client versions (writing scripts, import/export, performance analysis, managing users, resources, security, and configuration)
• Support clients in solving complex performance problems
• Participate in technical specifications workshops with clients
• Participate in writing requirements and technical-specifications documents for clients and internally
• Prepare or provide technical training to clients and internally
• Keep client versions up to date (compilation, copying, and carrying over modifications to the code)
• Modify, optimize, maintain or rewrite small segments of applications
• University degree in computer science or any other appropriate field, or appropriate professional experience
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of object-oriented concepts (C++)
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows® environment, Microsoft Office®, networks and databases (Oracle® and Microsoft SQL®), and virtualization.
• Knowledge of Citrix, an asset
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Skills and interest in solving complex problems
• Rigour and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
• Skills in teamwork
• Availability to travel internationally
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.