Team Leader, IT Support
As part of an organization serving 300 clients across 27 countries, you will be joining more than 500 employees who unite their efforts in developing software that optimizes the operations of public transport and postal services.
GIRO has been well established in Montreal for 40 years. We co-innovate with our clients around the globe to broaden our horizons and adapt our products to the industries’ evolving needs.
As Team Leader of the IT Support Team, your role will be to oversee all the employee IT support activities of four technicians (for internal clients). You will be involved in each team member’s professional development.
- Be responsible for the process for resolving incidents and responding to service requests
- Provide level-3 support to internal clients, as needed
- Respond to technical questions from the team, as needed
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Plan, organize and supervise the day-to-day activities of IT operations (computers, peripherals, software, printers, etc.)
- Plan the renewal cycle for IT equipment
- Coordinate purchases of software and hardware
- Manage requests for and replacement of hardware
- Put in place and follow up on a catalogue of IT services
- Be responsible for directing the team’s efforts and ensuring that the team runs smoothly. Manage requests (work schedules, time off, equipment, etc.) and ensure that internal policies and processes are respected
- Evaluate team members’ performance and the definition of each member’s objectives
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science (or relevant experience as an IT technician)
- 3 or more years of experience as an IT team leader along with significant experience in level-2 and level-3 technical/IT user support
- Experience with tools for deploying workstation images and software (SCCM or others) and with ITSM software (incident management, service requests, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the concepts and best practices related to IT services and to client service under the ITIL model
- ITIL certification, an asset
- Excellent command of French
- Intermediate command of English
- Able to provide impeccable client service
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Interest in teamwork and sense of collaboration
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Office suite, and Office 365
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.