Systems and Network Administrator
You are part of a team that is responsible for the IT and software-development infrastructure for internal clients.
- Maintain the IT infrastructure necessary for the correct functioning of internal applications (hardware, disk space, backups, etc.)
- Monitor and analyse system and network performance
- Plan, write and update technical documentation for the networks and systems, and act as a resource-person for IT technicians
- Check the daily server backups and make corrections if there are any errors
- Carry out backup and recovery of network equipment configurations; keep software and systems up-to-date
- Ensure security of networks and servers and the data that they contain
- Ensure that software updates are incorporated as and when they become available
- College diploma or university degree in computer science
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Systems and Network Administrator
- Experience in configuring, operating, maintaining and monitoring network equipment and servers
- Experience in server virtualization with VMWare; in-depth experience with Windows server, Active Directory, PowerShell, and deployment of GPO
- Experience in hyperconvergence, iSCSI SAN storage networks, and cloud computing, especially Office 365 and Azure
- Experience in network and system security
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, etc.), CCNA and any other certification in networks, servers and security would be a major asset
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.