Senior Advisor, Organizational and Skills Development
You are part of the human resources team, which is responsible for the activities managing human capital – staffing, skills development, and employee retention – in an established organization that values collaboration, commitment, expertise and long-term vision.
As Senior Advisor, you design and implement an organizational development strategy that you translate into concrete measures, initiatives and programs related to organizational issues and priorities, working in partnership with stakeholders in different departments of the company.
You report to the Senior Director of Human Resources and you supervise the Training Coordinator.
- Implementation and further development of organizational-development strategies and practices (performance management, leadership development, career paths, employee succession, employee experience, etc.) in line with the company’s objectives
- Support internal clients in achieving their business plans by proposing practical and effective training and organizational-development strategies, and ensuring their implementation
- Propose, develop and deploy specific tools, processes and solutions to meet the organization’s objectives, measuring their effectiveness
- Ensure the quality of services provided, while keeping your team motivated and productive
- Ensure that the talent-management system and practices are consistent, maintained and optimized, including performance management, succession planning and talent development
- Coordinate all initiatives surrounding performance management, including administering the annual processes
Skills development and training
- Formulate and implement a strategic plan for skills development and training
- Encourage seeking out best practices in training and skills-development strategies
- Manage and implement skills-development projects
- Participate in identifying, analysing and prioritizing skills-development requirements with different teams and departments
- Ensure the evolution of skills-development strategies and see to the continuous improvement of the training-management process
- Act as advisor to internal clients for matters and projects related to your field of expertise, in collaboration with the Business Partners team
- Bring ideas and contribute to resolving problems through analysis and your in-depth knowledge of your field of expertise
- University degree in human resources management, industrial relations or a related field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in an advisory role in a field related to skills development at a strategic level, including 2 years as a manager
- Command of the MS Office suite to computerize existing tools
- Ability to manage several projects at once
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.