You are part of the human resources team and you report to the Director of Human Resources.
As HR Technician, you are involved in various activities within the human resources function.
Administration and human resources management
- Carry out all administrative activities related to the employee life cycle:
- Ensure the logistics of employees joining and leaving the company
- Present conditions of employment to new employees
- Keep employee files up to date in the HR systems
- Maintain a general understanding of HR policies to act as a reference for their application and interpretation
- Submit applications for work permits, awards and subsidies
- Ensure data integrity in the systems for producing HR indicators
- File and scan documents
- Draft and distribute internal bulletins
- Draft confirmations of employment
- Provide support to the other members of the HR team
Remuneration and benefits management
- Act as liaison between payroll and HR teams (occasionally issue pay)
- Administer, communicate and track benefits (group insurance, retirement plan, etc.)
- Support salary-review activities
- College diploma in management, specializing in human resources, office technology, administration or other related fields
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Excellent knowledge of French and functional knowledge of English
- You are recognized for your quality as a service provider, your drive, and your discretion in handling confidential information
- You are also known for your thoroughness, sense of organization, autonomy, initiative and versatility
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.