Legal Advisor (Temporary)
You are part of the marketing team in an established organization that values collaboration, commitment, expertise and long-term vision.
As Legal Advisor, you are responsible for providing legal advice and services within the company, principally with regard to requests for proposals (RFPs) and contracts. The incumbent will take part in negotiations with clients concerning various business agreements entered into by GIRO. The incumbent will also provide legal advice to internal business partners and advise them on the inherent risks of procedures and acts of law carried out by GIRO.
Your responsibilities consist in:
- Preparing, checking and participating in the negotiation of contracts, agreements, protocols and memoranda of understanding entered into by GIRO with third parties
- Providing support for the preparation of RFP responses and contracts, reviewing them and any attachments to ensure that GIRO’s interests are adequately protected and that laws and regulations are respected
- Interpreting laws, regulations, decrees and any legal texts that affect the company’s activities, as well as providing advice and legal opinions on GIRO’s activities
- In collaboration with the relevant administrative units, checking or preparing rules, policies, directives, procedures or other applicable administrative documents
- Ensuring the respect of procedures required by law and providing opinions or recommendations to that end
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- 4 to 5 years’ Membership of the Barreau du Québec
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the following areas of law: commercial law, contracts, and international business
- Capabilities of analysis and synthesis
- Autonomy and professionalism
- Rigour, attention to detail, discipline, integrity
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple files at once; good sense of priorities and organization
- Marked ability for teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Discretion and tact
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.