Agile Team Coach
As part of an organization serving 300 clients across 27 countries, you will be joining more than 500 employees who unite their efforts in developing software that optimizes the operations of public transport and postal services.
We co-innovate with our clients around the globe to broaden our horizons and adapt our products to the industries’ evolving needs.
Working at the heart of the entire organization’s move to agile methodology, you will be a key player in coaching GIRO’s development teams.
With the support of experienced agile coaches and senior management, your contribution will help to execute our vision: continuously improving our development practices, iteratively and incrementally delivering high-quality software that adds the greatest value for our clients, while promoting a stimulating work environment.
- Collaborate with several teams to help them move to an agile development process
- Work closely with the Scrum Masters to design and implement activities to develop team members’ skills and improve processes
- Coach the Scrum Masters to develop their skills (collaboration, problem-solving, resolving conflicts, removing obstacles, acting as facilitator, etc.)
- Spearhead agile communities of practice
- Share observations; make and apply recommendations to improve and standardize agile practices
- Coach teams and their members to develop their collective and individual skills
- Keep up with and disseminate the latest in agile practices
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or any other appropriate field
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as an Agile Team Coach or Scrum Master
- More than 10 years of experience in software development
- Mastery of agile values and principles
- Tact and skills in facilitation and conflict-resolution
- Communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively in a range of situations
- Experience with change-management methodologies, an asset
- Proficiency in agile work methods, especially Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban, having practised them in concrete situations
- Must have experience of software-development processes and the main development methodologies
GIRO promotes employment equity and offers equal opportunity to all.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.