GIRO has endeavoured to ease access to our website for persons with disabilities.
This site conforms to HTML and CSS standards and has been designed for compatibility with desktops, laptops, tablets, and cell phones.
We have developed the site to meet the level A accessibility standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) published by the World Wide Web consortium (W3C). For example:
- The site can be read by speech synthesizers and braille displays
- For people with poor vision, we recommend either:
- Adjusting the text size through browser options – steps will vary depending on the browser used, or
- Reversing the contrast by using the button at the bottom of the page. The contrast choice will be retained while the user navigates to other pages on the site
The following features are used to make pages easy to understand:
- Alternative text descriptions for images with significant content
- Meaningful text for links to reflect target content
- Structural markup to indicate headings
- Use of lists to aid comprehension
- Association of labels with form fields
For any questions or comments about accessibility, please feel free to contact us.