HASTUS-Rail is an integrated software solution for passenger rail scheduling and operations.
Versatile tools and powerful optimizers help operators plan and manage timetables, rolling stock, and on-board and other related staff assignments.
The application makes it possible to:
- Reduce operating costs while potentially increasing the service offering
- Increase employee satisfaction by taking their preferences into account when building schedules and assigning work
The HASTUS scheduling tools have been demonstrated to generate savings of 2% to 5% over manual methods and competing systems.
Flexibility for schedulers
With HASTUS-Rail, schedulers can:
- Ensure that yard and station capacity restrictions are respected
- Manage conflicts to generate robust timetables
- Define temporary circulation restrictions on track segments
- Manage the impact of maintenance on track availability
- Take expected passenger loads into account while minimizing:
- The number of vehicle units
- Vehicle kilometres
HASTUS-Rail is used or being implemented by operators around the world, such as:
- KCS, the commuter rail system for Greater Boston
- MTR Express, the premium express-train service linking Stockholm and Gothenburg
- SNCB, the Belgian national railway
- SNCF Transilien, the passenger rail network in the Paris region
- Queensland Rail, the regional and long-distance passenger rail operator in Queensland, Australia